During this difficult time, there are many places to go for help. As you reference the resources on this page, it’s helpful to remember that many programs are making changes to their services moment to moment. Before visiting a service site listed here, please verify that it is still providing in-person services.
If you are having difficulty paying for food there are resources available to help.
United Way’s 2-1-1 program can point you to hundreds of community resources, including those that help with food access. If you live within the Northeast Ohio zip codes 44070 – 44111 this list of food assistance resources, which contains phone numbers to dozens of food pantries, may be helpful. Although food pantries and food sites are not providing meals as they typically do, many are working on delivery options and may be able to drop off food to help.
Ongoing Community Food Programs
- Buckeye Shaker Square Development Corporation, 11820 Buckeye Ave., Cleveland
- First Monday every month
- Children’s Hunger Alliance – Ready-to-eat meals are distributed outside most of Cleveland’s recreation centers (except Kovacic, Cudell Fine Arts and Camp Forbes).
- Mondays – Fridays from 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- Harvard Community Services Center – Until further notice The Food Pantry Hours are as follows:
- Tuesday and Wednesday 9:00 am -12:00 pm
- Thursday 9:00 am – 2:00 pm
- If an emergency food request is needed at other times, please call Mr. Earl Young, Resource Specialist at 216-991-8585.
- PEP Hopewell, 11500 Franklin Blvd., Cleveland
- Free fresh produce, second Wednesday of the month, 12-2
- Richmond Heights Middle School, 447 Richmond Rd., Richmond Hts
- Third Thursday every month
Online Support Groups for Addiction and Alcoholism
The coronavirus health crisis means a lot of people who struggle with addiction or alcoholism have lost the in-person support of community groups. Thankfully, many organizations are offering online support during this challenging time. If you are interested in learning more about the stages of addiction, check out this resource from the Recovery Village.
- How to use online support groups
- Narcotics Anonymous online meetings
- Narcotics Anonymous Recovery online chat group – Addicts helping addicts recover
- Narcotics Anonymous – NA Meetings online or by phone for remote or isolated addicts
- In the Rooms – free online recovery tool that offers 130 weekly online meetings for those recovering from alcoholism or drug addiction.
- Smart Recovery – Self-management and recovery resources for addiction.
- Marijauna Anonymous Online
- Narcotics Anonymous 12-Step Online Forum
- Al-Anon Electronic Meetings