PEP Connections exists to support young people whose mental health issues significantly impact their ability to manage daily life within the school, home and community environments.
Youth served by PEP Connections are typically on track for deeper system involvement, often including residential treatment, psychiatric hospitalization, juvenile court placement and the like. Using a strength-based and trauma-informed approach, PEP Connections’ experienced care managers help children and their families reach the highest quality of life possible.
Through a trauma-informed lens, PEP Connections provides care for children with deep system involvement.
99% of parents of PEP Connections clients feel that they are treated as a full partner in the process.
PEP Connections emphasizes supports and services provided in the neighborhoods where the children and families reside. Youth eligible for PEP Connections services will receive either Intensive Care Coordination/High-Fidelity Wraparound or Intensive Home-Based Treatment (IHBT).
At the point of referral and assessment, the determination is made as to which approach will best support the child and family.
- Intensive Care Coordination/High-Fidelity Wraparound is an intensive service that coordinates the efforts and services of multiple resources available to support the child and his/her family. The assigned PEP care manager provides intensive mental health support and services. The process includes regularly scheduled team meetings, which often entails contact with school personnel, other professionals and regular home visits to meet with parents or guardians.
- Intensive Home-Based Treatment (IHBT) is an intensive home-based family therapy service designed for youth who have certain diagnoses. The IHBT therapist will engage the whole family in therapy sessions, which occur twice a week for a total of three to six hours. This is a time-limited service, which lasts for six months.
CLICK HERE for a flier outlining PEP Connections’ services.
“When I need a partner, PEP Connections is my first call as I can count on their vast expertise, accessibility and creativity.”
Molly Wimbiscus, M.D., child and adolescent psychiatrist, Cleveland Clinic
PEP Connections serves youth ages 3 – 17* who:
- Have multiple problems and needs resulting from their mental health issues;
- Are involved with multiple systems or at risk of deeper system involvement; and/or
- Are at risk of out-of-home placement or are returning to their families/community from out-of-home placement.
*Services can continue for young adults up to age 22 if they are enrolled by age 17.